Make Up Calamity Days: The following days will be used for make up calamity days: 4/21 (Monday after Easter); 5/30 & 6/2
Prom/Post Prom: The Junior/Senior Prom will be held on Saturday 4/26 at 8:00 at The Centre in Bluffton. Prom tickets will be on sale Tues, Weds, & Thurs during the lunch hour in the cafeteria. The cost is $12/ticket. The office will also have tickets available before and after school. Students inviting a guest to Prom from another school district or a recent graduate, must complete a Dance Guest form. Post Prom will be held at Ebenezer Church on Phillips Rd. from 11:30-2:30. There is also a Post Prom Permission form being distributed to students on 4/11 at school. Please check the deadlines on the forms and return promptly.
Ocean Focus: Next year Juniors and Seniors can apply to be part of the Ocean Focus next school year. This is a Marine Science Course where up to 18 students will be selected based on their application. Classes are held before school every Friday from 7-7:45 a.m. in September-June. After completing the course, students will go to Florida Keys June 8-15, 2015 (tentative date). The cost is $950 plus Airfare per student (paid in installments). Applications can be picked up in the office and are due Thursday 4/17 by 3:15 to Mr. Hoff.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR SENIORS: (A letter will be mailed in May with more specifics regarding graduation)
- Senior pics for slide show need turned in to Mrs. Cogley immediately along with a baby picture & senior quote. If not turned in by next week, these items may not be included in the slide show/yearbook!
- 5/7 (Weds) Paint the Street from 6:00-8:00 (Students must provide their own paint and supplies)
- 5/18 (Sunday) Baccalaureate Service for Seniors at Ebenezer Mennonite Church at 7:00 p.m.. Contact Cindy Moser or Meg Burrell with questions.
- 5/19 (Mon) Cedar Point Senior Trip (Information will be given to students closer to the trip)
- 5/21 (Weds) Seniors last day unless taking exams then last day will be on Thurs 5/22. (Apollo schedule may be different)
- 5/23 (Fri) Graduation Breakfast & Practice at the high school (tba)
- 5/24 (Sat) Graduation Ceremony 7:00
- Caps & Gowns are in and we are storing them in the high school office. We will distribute them to the students closer to graduation.
- Extra graduation announcements are available in the office for $1.25 each.
Lifeguard Applications: The Village of Bluffton is accepting applications for lifeguards and management for the 2014 pool season (5/24-8/24). Applications are available at www.bluffton-ohio.com or at the town hall in the lobby. Applications are due by 4/11. Please call 419-358-2066 with questions.
- Today for lunch is chicken & noodles, mashed potatoes, peas, peaches, roll, Easter Cookie & Milk ALA-CARTE: Pizza
- Academic team practice today after school. If you cannot make practice, see Mr. George sometime today!!
- Renaissance cards will be punched during lunch today!!
- Prom Tickets on sale during the lunch hour in the cafeteria and in the office. Cost is $12 per person. Make sure to get your permission forms
- Happy birthday this weekend to Sarah McOwen, David Bormuth & Zane Myers.
- There will be no school on Friday, however Monday 4/21 will be used as a make up calamity day.
- The completed Ocean Focus applications must be given to Mr. Hoff by 3:15 today!!
- Good luck to the baseball and softball teams as they take on Ada away at 5:00
- Good luck on Saturday to the Tennis team as they take on Ottawa Hills at home at 11:00
- Good luck to the track team as they participate in the Ottawa Gold Medal Track Meet at 9:30 on Saturday
- Today for lunch is apple cinnamon french toast, hash browns, sausage link, applesauce-orange juice, milk ALA-CARTE: Hot Pocket
- Good luck to the softball and baseball teams as they take on Columbus Grove away at 5:00.
- Good luck to the tennis team as they play at Kenton at 4:30
- Prom tickets will be on sale in the office before and after school for $12 and during the lunch hour on Tuesday.
- Remember to turn in your dance guest permission forms and your post prom permission forms to the office by 4/24 (THIS THURSDAY)!!
Girls Basketball Open Gyms: Girls basketball open gyms will be held on Tues & Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:00 in the HS gym starting April 1st. Girls entering 7th-12th grade next school year are invited to participate!
Volleyball Open Gyms: Any girl playing HS volleyball next year can attend open gyms on Tues & Thurs from 3:30-5:00. Listen to the announcements on these days to see if there are any time changes or cancellations due to indoor spring sport practices!!
Spring Sports Schedule: The spring sports schedule can be found by clicking on "Spring Sports Schedule" in the right hand column of this page.
Weightlifting: Open lifting for softball, track, or other non-football athletes is at 4:45 on Monday and Fridays and 3:30 on Weds.
FOOTBALL Lifting: Football weightlifting will be held on Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri from 6:15-7:15 a.m. or 3:15-5:00. If 2 hr delay, there is no a.m. lifting.